Attention: The rules below do not pertain to Vehicles and Heavy Equipment "In-Place" auctions . Pick up rules for Vehicles and Heavy Equipment can be found Here.
The following rules and practices apply when using Customer Pick-up as the delivery method:
1. PropertyRoom.com processes items in several locations throughout the US. PropertyRoom.com does not transfer Customer Pick-up items between processing centers.
2. You are solely responsible for noting the Processing Center location for a specific Customer Pick-up item prior to purchase.
3. Following purchase, the system will automatically send an email to you with the address of the Processing Center once payment has been verified and the item is ready for pick up. If you do not receive this email within 2 business days, please contact email@example.com. Please DO NOT attempt picking up your item until you have received the Customer Pick-up email.
4. PropertyRoom.com will publish a Customer Pick-up S&H fee in the item listing and directly charge you for this Customer Pick-up S&H fee. This fee does not reflect any shipping costs but instead what PropertyRoom.com deems, in its sole discretion, as a fair and appropriate handling fee for the costs and value of the Customer Pick-up service.
5. PropertyRoom.com will make items available for Customer Pick-up beginning with the second business day following the purchase and payment verification.
6. We provide Customer Pick-up hours from 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM local time (Processing Center local time), Monday - Friday (excluding holidays). Holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
7. You do not need to make an appointment for Customer Pick-up, unless specified otherwise in the auction listing.
8. To verify identity for pick-up, PropertyRoom.com requires that:
- a. You present valid, government-issued photo identification at the time of pick-up. If you would like to authorize another adult to pick up your item(s) please complete the “Authorized Pick-up Person” form. To do so click on the Account tab in the upper right hand corner of the PropertyRoom.com web page. Next click on the Orders & Shipping tab. Click on the link called Orders Ready for Customer Pick-up. Here you will see a button called "Add pick up person". This will open a box allowing you to add the authorized person’s full name. Your designee must then present valid, government-issued photo identification at the time of pick-up. All items marked Customer Pick-up must either be picked up in person or arranged to have shipped within 10 business days, except all bicycles and bulk lots (items that cannot be shipped) which must either be picked up in person or arranged to have shipped within 5 business days.
9. Common carrier arrangements are the responsibility of the winning bidder. All quotes and shipping cost must be gathered from the common carrier directly. Payment for shipping will be paid directly to the common carrier by the customer and not PropertyRoom.com.
Freighted items will be shrink wrapped and banded to a standard 48x40 pallet. There may be a mandatory $50.00 fee for palletizing service, as well as additional charges for prepping items larger than a standard pallet.
We do not offer crating services at this time. An approximate weight for any item being shipped via common carrier will be 250 lbs unless otherwise specified in the listing.
The freight company chosen will need to know they can not stack on top of this item as it will not be in a crate.
You must contact firstname.lastname@example.org us via email 48 hours prior to the pick up date to allow time for your item to be prepared for shipment. We will need a completed BOL (Bill of Lading) before your item can be released. The PRE-PAID BOL must list the customer as the shipper c/o PropertyRoom.com. Please note PropertyRoom.com can not be the shipper of record.
The BOL must also include the 10 digit item number and item description. It is the responsibility of the customer to complete all paperwork needed for delivery. If there is damage to an item during shipment this must be taken up directly with the common carrier. The Will-Call address for each of our Processing Centers is below.
10. You must pick-up Customer Pick-up items within 10 business days of the auction close date (except all bicycles which must be picked up within 5 business days). IN THE EVENT THAT YOU FAIL TO PICK-UP AN ITEM WITHIN 10 BUSINESS DAYS (OR 5 BUSINESS DAYS FOR ALL BICYCLES AND BULK LOTS (ITEMS THAT CANNOT BE SHIPPED) OF THE PURCHASE DATE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO POSSIBLE FORFEITURE OF BOTH FEES AND GOODS. For each Customer Pick-up purchase, you agree as follows: "For Customer Pick-up, I agree to bring valid government-issued photo ID and personally pick-up my winning auction purchase from the specified Processing Center, or alternatively, I agree to fill-out and sign a Customer Pick-up Release, allowing my designee to bring photo ID and pick-up my winning auction purchase. Further, I acknowledge that I have read and understood the Customer Pick-up Policy, and I specifically agree in the event that I fail to pick-up my winning auction purchase prior to 2pm, local time, on the 14th calendar following the auction close date, PropertyRoom.com possesses sole discretion of either shipping the item to me and charging my credit card or alternatively taking title to my winning auction purchase, free and clear without liability. I understand that in the latter case, if I forfeit my winning auction, PropertyRoom.com may dispatch my purchase as it sees fit, which includes but is not limited to re-listing for auction, selling for scrap, donating to charity or disposing."
11. As the Customer Pick-up fee covers the handling and warehousing costs for each items, pick-ups fees cannot be combined for multiple auctions picked up at the same time in the same location. The Customer Pick-up fee applies to each individual auction.